Where can I get help?
There are a number of agencies within the City of Plymouth designed to support and work with those affected by another’s drug and alcohol use.
The Harbour Centre has its own programme specifically designed to support those whose lives are being affected by another’s use of drugs or alcohol.
The support available covers:
• Understanding the nature of the problem
• Understanding your response to the issues
• Understanding what you can do to help to yourself
• Recognising patterns of behaviour
• Developing a range of skills that enable you to encourage a loved one into treatment or support them as they receive treatment
• Developing a range of skills to help you move forward
Individuals are invited to participate in this service following a comprehensive assessment of need. This is a confidential service delivered by a team of specifically trained individuals. This programme specifically addresses drug and alcohol related behaviours; where individuals’ needs are not met by this programme the Harbour Centre will always seek to identify and refer to an appropriate service.
For more information on this service please contact us on 01752 434343.