The Harbour Centre
Working in partnership to help people to recover from the causes and devastating effects of problematic substance use is what we do. Anyone can access our services. We work with individuals, families and young people. Where someone has needs that cannot be met within the agency we will facilitate access to the best available service.
Since the 1980s, Harbour has been known for its innovative and collaborative approach in dealing with drug and alcohol issues in the community. The agency’s services extend into many areas of health and social need through collaboration with a wide range of other organisations in Plymouth and the South West. We offer a safe place for people to explore how they can make positive changes in their lives.
Harbour’s work is focused on the needs of our clients to provide:
• Community based treatment that will enable people to recover from their misuse of drugs and alcohol
• Advice, information and care to prevent harm caused by substance misuse
• Support to families and carers during the recovery process
• to provide effective and efficient services for adults and young people in the community based on the needs of the individual by listening
• to be a centre of excellence for delivering services to individuals, families and communities helping people to lead safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
• to ensure that everyone working in Harbour has the skills, abilities and motivation to deliver excellence through a continual process of learning and improvement.
• to be a preferred provider, working in partnership regionally with health and social services, criminal justice services and other agencies.
• to continuously raise public awareness and seek innovative responses to the needs that exist around drug and alcohol problems.
The Harbour Centre, also known simply as Harbour, is a partnership; an agency which works in the community with the Voluntary Sector, Health and Social Services, Public Health and the NHS.The Harbour Centre (Plymouth) is a registered charity (no. 293721) and a company limited by guarantee (no.1984863). is affiliated to the Federation of Drug and Alcohol Professionals (FDAP), we are also an accredited provider of City & Guilds certified qualifications. All our activities are mapped to National Occupational Standards and we have ISO 9001 Accreditation. January 2016.
Read the Harbour Centre’s Impact Report 2015 March 2016